Thursday, March 22, 2012

Get out the barbecue


We winter in AZ, so are less affected by weather - but reports are that much of the country has been thinking spring and maybe even summer - time for grilling, and an great excuse to use this image for a masculine card.
Red, white and blue for: http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/
I make a lot of patriotic cards, but wanted something a bit different this time.
This is another challenge that has red, white, blue and pennants for inspiration: http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/
I used this sketch: http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.com/
I did tweak it a bit - I must admit I had a little boo-boo after completing most of it so had to be innovative in covering the smudge!!!
I used edging scissors to cut the riveting circle - I find it hard to cut with my Nesties. Image and sentiment are both SU.  DP and CS are all odds and ends.  Colored with Prismas.  The little swirls are pieces from a border punch.

3 comments:

AllisonG said...

Great masculine card, Dorothy! It's getting to be BBQ weather here in Texas already, too. Thanks for playing along again at Seems A Little Sketchy! Hope to see you back soon for another sketchy challenge.

Curly said...

Thank you so very much for Joining us Crafty Catz with absolutely adorable creation its just perfect for our challenge,

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Rebekah said...

What a great masculine card! SO glad you were able to play along with us at TSTR :)