Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sponged bird

Once in a while, I find that I use the same image and/or technique several times in a short period of time.  That is the case here.  I recently rediscovered this lovely image (SU Garden Collage) and sponging with chalk.  I like the subtle look and the fact that it is pretty forgivable!  I added a bit of metallic gel pen to highlight the flowers.In this case, I used a part of the CB embossing folder "You". DP is by DCWV - I have had both in my stash for a long time. The mats are Recollections navy blue.
Sponging (the image and the embossed piece):  http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Shining%20the%20Light%20Challenge
Sketch:  http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Andrea said...

This is a lovely image and I love that you've used it again-the sponging looks so good with the embossing.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Gorgeous!! Always one of my fave SU! sets!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Love the image and the sponging!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how soft and beautiful!! I just love your colors and the soft sponging of the image!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.