Friday, September 14, 2012

Simple sympathy

I like to have sympathy cards in my stash.  Often, friends come to see if I have any available.  This sentiment is from the Verve Blessings set - I was so fortunate to have my number drawn in a recent Mojo Monday challenge.  Winning justifies my addiction to challenges it seems!  I used a scrap of the embossed piece (Swirls) left from my last card, and added a ribbon.  The bg is Costco double sided cs.
I just ordered a Tonic guillotine cutter.  I have resisted getting that style due to space limitations in the motor home.  However, I have tried several other cutters and have been quite frustrated with the short blade life and chopped edges.  There were several positive comments on SCS regarding this trimmer, and the reviews on Amazon were pretty positive.  It arrived today and so far I am pleased.  Well, that is enough commercial!
Sympathy card:  http://digidarlas.blogspot.com/
              And:   http://blog.ribboncarousel.com/
Sketch:  http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

wow I really don't know how you manage to craft in a motor home... I wouldn't have enough room for all my stuff lol Beautiful CAS card.

Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Lynn McAuley said...

I've had my Tonic cutter for almost 10 years and it still cuts like the day I bought it! You will love it, Dorothy!

Your sympathy card is lovely!

Heather North said...

Very pretty sympathy card.

Jacqueline Smith said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Soft and simple = beautiful

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply lovely! The texture and muted colors really add to the elegance! Thanks for playing along with us at the Ribbon Carousel!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL! Simple but elegant! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!!