Tuesday, October 2, 2012

ACAD - non traditional Christmas


 
Whew!    I just finished an hour and a half phone session to get me e-mail and blog access corrected.  We subscribe to an on line service - it is scary and pricey, but seems to be worth it.  I am not sure just what caused the problem, but all is fine now.
This week's Card a Day (on Splitcoaststampers) challenge, issued by Nat, is to do a Christmas card in non-traditional colors.
This is about as non traditional as I get for Christmas cards - the papers all come from a Paper Studio pad called Faith.  The stamp is unmounted and I have forgotten where I got it.  Actually, I omitted a bit of the image - too big for this layout.  I think it works without the buildings of Bethlehem on the left.  The sentiment is Studio G.  I added gold ribbon and half pearls.
Sketch: http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/











The second card uses many of the same elements, with some red and green added.
The sketch is here:http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com.au/ 

8 comments:

Nathalia O. said...

Wow, Dorothy, très bien! The image and sentiment you chose work wonderfully on this non-traditionally colored Christmas card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Dorothy. Such a precious image. Love the pretty papers and the gold ribbon. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Unknown said...

Great colors for this challenge! Looks like I am another challenge behind! :-)

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful Christmas cards with this sensational silhouette!!

Janice M said...

Great Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Heather North said...

It may be non-traditional, but it definately carries the feel of tradtional Christmas. Both versions are very nice.

Jess S said...

What great Christmas cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Feeling Sketchy this week :)

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Beautiful card Dorothy, I love that image, and the christmas papers :) Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.
Michelle