Sunday, April 14, 2013

Relaxin' Beach Day

I hope you are having a wonderful week end, as I am.  There is a bit of a story to this card.  A friend asked for some cards, and I planned to show her a selection after church today.  I worked on this yesterday, and finished it early today.  I ran out of time to upload - good thing I had scanned it, as she took this one. 
I was not sure about this sketch - lots of layers, and I must admit to some re-doing as I tried to follow which layer was over which!  I do like the result.  I used an inspiration challenge (see below), going with the chair and an impression of a beach.  I also incorporated a new technique - "splash".  I do not have any of the product, but followed the idea Chris gave - use Walnut ink.  I sprayed as gently as I could - still got some globs, but managed to make it look a bit like sand - I sprayed on white and should probably have used beige cs.  I cut the middle strip with ripple edging scissors to convey an impression of dunes.  Some wispy clouds are visible on the blue sky.  I used blue dp for the square layer which I embossed with distressed stripes.
Sketch:  http://herecometheboysblogchallenge.blogspot.com/
Inspiration - photo of a beach scene:  http://www.addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com.au/
"Splash" technique:  http://stampedblessings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/splash.jpg
Any:  http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Chris said...

ah...I'm delighted you did play along. Walnut spray was really the first spritz-y type liquid I worked with! Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges this week. So glad you did!

Andrea said...

That little critter looks so relaxed! Cute card and I love the layers and splash.

Kylie said...

Great use of our photo inspiration! Gorgeous image. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such an adorable image.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Karen M said...

I adore your card and hedgie is so cute:) xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I think it looks very much like sand. In fact until I read your post I thought it was DSP that looks like sand. Very darling card and perfect for our challenge this week at ATS&M!

Lisa said...

Wonderful card, love the image :) Thanks for joining us at Here Come The Boys xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and the sketch looks fab! Thanks for playing at Here Come THe Boys Woo x