Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Digi frame

First of all, a personal note.  Please include in your prayers the people in Colorado affected by the many fires.  Our daughter and son-in-law had to evacuate last night.  They managed to pack up quite a few important items, and had help to get their vehicles, including a fifth wheel.  We have been watching tv and internet sites all day to try to figure out the affected Black Forest area.  As of tonight, it seems they are just a couple of miles from the SE edge of the fire - so far, the strong winds have been in their favor - but the last report we heard indicated close to 100 homes destroyed.  With little or no containment, that number is going to increase.
As a result, this card took me forever to complete - I was pretty distracted.  I tried the freebie from Delicious Doodles, then was not sure how to use it!  I hand cut the borders including butterflies.  I colored with Prismas and gel pens.  The "leaves" are from the Cheery Lynn wreath die - available at Joan's Gardens.  She also has many CB and Spellbinder items.  I used the CS Swiss Dots for the hot pink layers.
Sketch:  http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Digi frame:  http://deliciousdoodleschallenge.blogspot.com/
Pink, black, embossing (oops - I used a circle rather than oval - too distracted.  I will see if I can fix it.) http://www.atjoansgardens.com/

1 comment:

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a fantastic card you have made that fits in well with the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “use a Delicious Doodles flower frame image”. Amazing. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)