Monday, August 12, 2013

Debbie's mom is 90

This summer I have had a large number of requests for cards, especially for special occasions.  I enjoy doing such cards, but also feel some pressure to make sure they are indeed special.  Recently I discovered how much I like the classy look of ivory and black - now I  have a number of such cards to make.  I really like this scenic DP from Recollections - need to shop to find more like it!  The other cs is from my stash.  The only letter dies I have are this set by Olivia - a bit too large so I had to compress them for this layout.  The bird is a Cheery Lynn Little Wild things die, from Joan's Gardens.  The birthday sentiment is a 7Gypsies library stamp. The card is 4 3/4 x 6 1/4.
Sketch:  http://www.papersweeties.com/category/blog/
Ribbon and wings:  http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges
Any:  http://www.lovesrubberstampschallenges.com/
Vintage, Scenic BG paper, bird, die cut sentiment:  http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2013/08/this-weeks-challenge.html

7 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the colors used and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Joan Fricker said...

Dorothy, this is so pretty. I love the vintage feel you gave it. The black and ivory is very classy!
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Shanna Shands said...

Fabulous birthday card. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

Debbie said...

Dorothy, this is so, so pretty! I love the black and white color palette and that yummy damask! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

What a fabulous way to celebrate such a great momentous day for her! This message is a bit later than I would've liked, but I couldn't resist stopping in just to say thanks so much for participating int he Really Reasonable Challenge and sharing your adorable work! It's always a pleasure to visit out participants and get the inspiration and make blog land friends!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise

Maria said...

Gorgeous card! Love the mix of patterns and monochromatic colors! Thank you so much for joining us this month for the Paper Sweeties sketch challenge!