Saturday, February 20, 2016

Congrats, Hanna

This is not typical of a Verve entry - but I found this sketch fit the image and theme I wanted to use.  Our granddaughter-in-law just got results for her pre-nursing exam - and she did very well.  She has been studying for some time, and is so excited.  Our grandson just started med school so the next few years will not be easy for them.  I wanted a fun card to congratulate her - and a quick card I could get in the mail this morning!   The image is from Dearie Dolls, and I used a school themed paper from Studio 18 - thought it reflected the studying she will be doing.  I used my red gel pen to put her name on the cap - had to make it tiny! Circle dies  cut an open circle that would not cover too much of the patterns.
Sketch:     Verve Sketches #1
Color, pattern and stitches:   Classy Cards n Such
Stitches:    Creative Knockouts
Red:          Dies r Us

4 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute, I love the image and layout. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

Darlene said...

Oh such a cute creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘RED’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sherri said...

What a wonderful & thoughtful card for your granddaughter-in-law! I'm sure she will be touched by this great card. I'm so glad you could share it with us & join in our "Red" challenge at Dies R Us!

Lisbeth said...

Hi
super cute and cool creations
Thanks for joining us at creative knockouts
hugs lisbeth
DT-creative knockouts