Friday, August 26, 2016

Keep your eye on the ball - QKR #206 DT card

It looks like I took this challenge very literally!  This is Golfing Bear, a digital image from QKR Stampede.  I selected this QKR sentiment to go with it.  I am sure it refers to age, but I thought why not here?  I don't golf, but maybe there is someone who might have considered fudging on a score...!  I colored the image with chalk pencils, for a soft look, and hand cut the image to go right next to the grassy dp (Paper Studio) .  The oval and "golf balls" are die cuts.  I dry embossed the balls with the Swiss Dot EF and enhanced the dimples with glitter.  The card is 4.5 x 6.5.  My favorite shape for cards is rectangular because I like the flexibility of layouts - so many images fit well.  I also like the practicality - no extra postage as there is for square ones!
CHALLENGES:
Sketch:   Glitter n Sparkle
Die cut embellishment (golf balls):   Pile it on Challenge
Favorite shape:   As You Like It
Words/Numbers:     Cute Card Thursday
Summer fun:   Crafty Calendar
                          Pink Gem Challenge 
Summer Time:  Come and Get It 
Signs of summer:      Imagine That                  
Vacation:       Ikes World   
Any:      Great Impressions
               Lemon Shortbread
               Lil Patch of crafty Friends
               Through the Craft Room Door
               Love to Scrap
               Craft Your Passion
               Crafty Sentiments

15 comments:

Sall said...

This is great. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

CraftYourPassion said...

Super project.Love the colours and design.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fun card brilliant Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and fun card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fun card thanks for playing at agoac

Jean said...

What a fun card, loving the image.
Thanks for joining us at our Sketch challenge over at Glitter'N'Sparkle.
Jean DT xxxx

Judy V said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Glitter 'N' Spsrkle!

Unknown said...

That is such a fun card - love the image.
Thanks for joining us over at Craft Calendar this month. Hope to see you again - good luck!
Hugs,
Bev (DT) x

samara navi said...

very cute card Dorothy! luv samara dt IWC

Sandra said...

Too funny!! love that image!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs,
Sandra
TTCRD DT
Cards and Creativity {My Blog}

ike said...

Love that golfing bear :-) Thank you for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES. :-)
Hugz

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun sentiment and a great masculine design too! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Karen K said...

Fun card, great layout. I enjoy a well done masculine card, great job!! Thanks for joining us over at Pile It On !!

Blue Daisy said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Tracyx

Helen said...

Such a fun card!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x