Friday, May 5, 2017

Leah's Graduation

 A few days ago I posted the card I made for our grandson.  His sister also graduates this year - in fact, in a couple of days - so this card is already in the mail. 
The folded card is 4.25x6.5.  I added another fold to be able to include more images. 
Bottom view:open card - embossed bg, her name and school (logo from the website); panel 2 - she has a job as assistant manager in charge of training on American Cruise line ships - she will be doing a lot of traveling!  Main panel - Dearie Doll graduate, and a special verse;  right panel - embossed bg with a strip from DP (believe in your Dreams) and a key sticker.
Folds:  I started with a piece of cs 11x6.5.  I made one valley fold at the right of about 2 in.  I then folded from the left so the edge met the score line at the right.  I then made a fold dividing this left panel in half.  View 2 shows this left panel folded back, and view 3 shows the left panel open.  Besides providing space for more images, this card can easily stand for display.  I also dug into my photo boxes and made a little brag book of photos from years past.   This  is a good way to give young people pictures they may not own themselves - and often provides a
smile or two!

CHALLENGES:
Embossing - Pink Gem
                      Allsorts 
Any:    Jo's scrapshack

1 comment:

brenda said...

A perfect card for our 'embossing' theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x