Friday, May 18, 2018

Graduation Time! DT card for Challenge #296 - QKR Stampede - Anything goes

I will need a few graduation cards - this year I think they are all in June - seems like west coast graduations are later than those in the rest of the country!  I find cards for college graduations are more difficult than for high school - some how the cutesy ones do not work for me!  I used the image from QKR Stampede ("Cap") and printed it twice, once on white and once on dark grey.  I fussy cut both, but only did the hat in grey,  I adhered it to the white one - instant dimension.  This was pretty easy to cut.  I slit the threads in the tassel - good enough for a paper one!  The Congratulations is also a QKR digi - I just roughly cut it out and edged it with a bit of ink. I found some adhesive stars so it was not too plain.  The background is Cuttlebug's congratulations folder - I embossed from the side, and did the Congrats a second time, along the right hand side. This is a card that would work well for a young man.
Please join us this week for another Anything Goes challenge at QKR Stampede.  You may enter as many as 3 times.  There will be 2 winners of QKR digis - one for using their product, and another for any brand.  The deadline is 6 p.m. EDT, on Thursday.
CHALLENGES ENTERED:  
Sketch:   Your Next Stamp
For a man/boy:   Pink Gem 
Any:   Crafters Castle 
           Angies Digital Stamps
           Lemon Shortbread
           A Bit More Time to Craft
           Morgans Artworld

6 comments:

Laine said...

Such a lovely card. Thank you so much for sharing at Lemon Shortbread Challenge.

Arlene said...

Black and gold are always stunning. I like the embossed background, giving such nice depth. So glad you joined Morgan's ArtWorld this month.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh this looks great. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Challenge, best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for  http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com.au/<br

The Craft Princess said...

Perfect graduation card! I still need to make a couple so thanks for the inspiration...and...Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

Great card Dorothy, thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Pam x

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Your graduation card is awesome! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Blessings, Jeanie
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com